How to Modify or Cancel Your Car Hire Booking
Change of Mind Policy: Cancelling Your Car Rental Booking
You may cancel your CarHire booking at any time by following the instructions in your booking confirmation email, or by contacting us.
Bookings Without Prepayment
Where you have made a booking which did not require payment at the time of booking, no cancellation fees will apply.
Where you have paid us a deposit for your booking we will refund your deposit in full if you cancel more than 48 hours before the rental pick up date and time, specified in the booking confirmation email.
Subject to your refund rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (“Australian Consumer Law”), no refund will be made where:
- you cancel your booking which was confirmed less than 48 hours in advance of the booking pick up date and time,
- you cancel your booking less than 48 hours in advance of the booking pick up date and time,
- you have picked up your rental,
- you fail to collect your vehicle at the pick up date and time with all necessary documentation and a credit card with enough available funds for the rental vehicle’s security deposit, or
- you do not meet the Provider’s eligibility or other rental requirements and the Provider refuses to provide you with a rental on that basis.
Third-Party Vehicle Rental Aggregator Bookings
If you have made a booking via our Site with a third-party rental vehicle aggregator, including WiseCars or GoSee, the terms and conditions which apply to cancellations and refunds for that booking are contained in the Provider’s terms and conditions accepted by you at the time of booking.
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more details.
Modifying Your Car Rental Booking
If you need to modify your booking, please use one of the following options:
Things to Consider When Cancelling or Modifying Your Booking
- Although you can cancel at any time prior to collecting your vehicle, you may forfeit any prepaid deposits if you cancel within 48 hours of the collection time. Please check your confirmation email to view specific details for your booking.
- Rates are subject to change for all modified bookings as per the rental provider’s calculations. CarHire.com.au does not set the rates.
- The car rental Provider's terms and conditions can be found in your confirmation email.
If you have purchased an Insurance Policy from our partners at Prosura, cancelling or modifying your car rental booking will not automatically update your policy. You'll need to contact Prosura to discuss your policy.