Booking a Cheap Car Rental in Cairns Now Made Easy
If you are looking for a reliable rental car in Cairns, CarHire can help you find a vehicle that suits your budget. Road trips in a car hire are very popular in Cairns heading both north or south. That's why we have partnered with major car hire agencies such as Hertz, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Redspot and Thrifty to help you help compare car hire deals.
There's a wealth of history to be discovered in Cairns. It was first populated by miners in transit from the goldfields in the area. Later on it became a port of export for sugarcane, other agricultural and mineral products and of course, gold. These days Cairns is still a major exporter but its industry has expanded to include tourism, which is now the largest income producer for the region, followed closely by the sugar industry. The city is growing rapidly, with a population of 224,436 as of the latest census in 2011 making it one of the top ten fastest growing cities in Queensland.
Benefits of booking with us
- Book early - The only way to secure the best discounts and deals on your cairns rental car is getting in early. Booking early means that you have the first dibs on the full range of vehicles from our car hire partners' rental car fleets. Prices are also cheaper when you book ahead because the booking system works on supply and demand. The longer you leave it before booking your car hire more more low cost deals and rates you miss out on.
- Select the right model - Your car rental deals also can depend on which model car you choose. If you are travelling alone, you could get the greatest deal if you choose a mini or compact size vehicle that will better suit your needs.
- Compare and save up some cash - Use our cutting edge car rental comparison engine to cut the cost on your car hire. Cairns car hire can be very expensive but if you use our system to save time scrawling through our partners individual pages you will not only be able to find the best Cairns car rental deals, you can also find the best rental car rates for all of Australia.
- More options - Cairns is also an ideal place for a campervan hire if you are more of a road trip and explorer type of traveller. Partners with some of the leading brand motorhome rental companies in Australia CarHire.com.au will help you find the best rates on your campervan rental.
- Excellent customer service - With our reliable and well trained customer care experts, any worries you have will soon be put to rest. Just contact us and we will help you make your day.
Best time to visit Cairns
The weather in Cairns is tropical most of the year. However, in the summer months, Cairns has been in the path of a cyclone and tourists have had to put their holidays on hold, while they batten down the hatches. It is always important to remember that flood water can be dangerous and rental cars are not permitted to drive through such water. Whatever you do, be sure to pack your sandals, flip flops, board shorts and singlets. Drink plenty of water if you're not used to the warm weather and the harsh Aussie sun.
What's Hot and Happening in Cairns?
Blessed with so much natural beauty, North Queensland is like heaven on earth for those wanting to get back to nature. If you are planning on travelling to North Queensland, the best piece of advice for any traveller is to research and plan ahead for the things you want to see. With the variety of tours, activities and attractions to see a hire car will prove invaluable.
Cairns' Day Trip Hot Spots
World Heritage Daintree Rainforest is a place without description. The World Heritage listed property covers approximately 894,000 hectares. It was inscribed on the World Heritage List in 1988 as a recognition of the amazing scenic beauty and biological importance of the region. You would be crazy to visit Cairns and not take the trip out to see it and you can even go there in your hire car.
Cape Tribulation is a world renowned destination. It's part of the world heritage listed areas of Daintree. Here the ancient rain forests meet the glorious coral reef.
Port Douglas is where luxury meets the natural reef. From palm trees to manicured lawns, golf courses and tennis courts this destination is sure to please every holiday connoisseur. You'll find top of the range restaurants and fashionable arcades and condominiums.
Mossman Gorge is located just forty-five minutes drive out of Port Douglas. This gorgeous spot - excuse the pun - is set in some of the most beautiful rainforest in Queensland. There is a plethora of wildlife to see including, for the very fortunate, a Boyd's Rainforest Dragon.
Kuranda is a haven for wildlife and has been called the 'Village in the Rainforest'. Here you can interact with wildlife including birds, butterflies and koalas, and experience the Skyrail and Scenic Rail . There's also the opportunity to go on a horse riding trek.
If you're after a truly local experience then check out Rusty's Markets – they've been running for more than thirty years and have developed into one of the largest and successful markets in Australia. Rusty's Markets open Friday morning to Sunday afternoon and boast more than 180 stalls. Rusty's is widely known for its quality food but you'll find plenty of other gems as well.
The Cairns City Council is diligent in always organising a great program of regular free entertainment along the foreshore, catering for children and adults and including live music and even free fitness classes.
If you feel up for a drive, the Undara National Park and its lava tubes are a sight to be seen. It is believed that the lava tube cave systems are 190,000 years old and were formed when a volcano erupted. Spanning over 160 kilometres these lava tubes are worth the visit and guided tours give you the best insight into this natural wonder.