Finding a Reliable Car Rental in Canberra is Now Easy
With CarHire.com.au, booking a car rental in Canberra won't take much of your time at all with our advanced booking system. Our car rental partners at Avis, Budget, Thrifty, Enterprise , Europcar, and Hertz are leaders in the industry and trusted brands for Australian car hire. When you book with us, you are booking directly with the supplier and get a live view of the vehicle hire fleets.
As the capital city of Australia, Canberra has much to offer. It is a well planned city that is laid out around an artificial lake. Visitors can enjoy a trip to the Parliament House and Old Parliament House for a taste of Australian history and its modern political structure. Those exploring the area by road can expect picturesque scenery, vineyards, and vibrant festivals. Hire a car in Sydney and take the drive south or simply book a rental car from Canberra Airport.
Why rent a car in Canberra at CarHire.com.au?
Save time and money when you rent a car through CarHire.com.au. No need to dredge through the countless suppliers websites for the best deals and rates on rental cars in Canberra Airport, Canberra City or even elsewhere in Australia. You can compare deals in our website.
Here are more reasons why people prefer booking a rental car at CarHire.com.au
- Zero booking and cancellation fees -Feel free to book ahead of time and just modify or cancel your reservation if needed. We do understand that plans to change sometimes. You won't also pay additional charges each time you book through us so you only get to pay the car rental rate.
- Convenience - Booking a car hire in Canberra will give you the convenience and flexibility to explore the city at your own pace, no need to plan your day around timetables or rely on others for transport.
- We do the research for you - We compare the rates of the best value rental car companies in Canberra and provide you with the best price. All you need to do is select the vehicle that you want under the price category and enjoy big savings.
- Best rates - You are assured of getting the cheapest car rental rates when you book through us. We have negotiated with the leading suppliers so we can provide discounted deals. Check out our Price Promise page for more details.
- Real People - Our friendly customer care experts will help you with your car rental booking. They are experts in the car hire industry and help hundreds of people everyday. Contact us anytime either via phone call, email, or live chat today.
Driving tips in Canberra
Note that distances between cities are vastly different here than they are in most of Europe and Asia. The Nation's Capital city, Canberra, for example is 300km from Sydney and some 650km from Melbourne. So plan your trip well and consider flying from one location to another and picking up your hire car from the airport in each location.
Fun ways to explore Canberra in a reliable rental car
Canberra has so much to see and do. Being the capital of Australia, you will find the National Museum and National Art Gallery, along with Parliament House. With so many options for day trips, hire a car! The weather is very cold in winter and comfortable in summer, so all year round a hire car will give you comfortable, convenient transport.There are plenty of things to see and do but one of your first stops should be the top of Telstra Tower. Here you can see the whole city spread out before you. Finish of with a bike ride or a paddle boat hire on the lake and a trip to the War Memorial after lunch.
Questacon is a great day out for those with children, or even just those interested in science and technology. As the National Science and Technology Centre, there are always a ton of things to learn about and do here, with a constant stream of new exhibitions, what's not to like?
Once you've done the city itself justice then there are plenty of great destinations within a day trip of Canberra, especially if you've hired a rental car. A drive to Goulburn or Cooma provides a great place to stop and have lunch with eclectic, interesting shops to explore. The locals also recommend Bungendore, which is about an hour from the city, depending on your starting point.
Why not travel through the Southern Highlands, or the district of Goulburn? Don't miss the mysterious Lake George or the wool capital of Australia.
Wine, Roses and all that Jazz is a celebratory festival that honours the art of the grape in Canberra. It spans two days from November 7 to November 8 and is a great opportunity to get out to one of 25 local wineries and businesses to sample their wares. Be sure to designate a driver for your rental car and ensure they are covered by the insurance that you've taken out with you.
Have you ever thought of being a pilot? You can test your skills out on a Boeing 737-800NG Flight Simulator. Located in Fyshwick this is the most fun frequent flyers can get to being behind the wheel in a plane. with 30, 60, and 120 minute sessions you can book in and learn what to do just on the off chance you're the leading character in an action movie where the pilots have been poisoned and it's up to you to land the plane.