Compare Rates to Find a Reliable Car Rental in Gold Coast
Why rent a car in Gold Coast with CarHire.com.au?
- We make booking your Gold Coast car rental online a breeze. Not only do we offer you great deals, saving you money and time, but you can also rest assured that you are in good hands with these reliable and trusted car hire companies.
- A wide range of rental vehicles in their fleets gives you rental deals and top car rental options that will have you whipping around Surfers Paradise in style and comfort.
- Select the best rate on the vehicle class you want to hire, whether it's an economy car rental, mini rental car, SUV rental, or even campervan rental to help you better explore other cities up to the tropical north Cairns, or south of Queensland. Just book with us and wait for the confirmation email to lock in the low rates and cheap deals that you find when searching with us.
- No matter what your age or occupation if you run out of things to do and see on the Gold Coast then you're just not trying hard enough. The Gold Coast really has something to offer every traveller.
- We have friendly customer care experts who can sort out your queries. Contact us today! You can reach us anytime if you have any queries about how to book your Melbourne car rental or about our rate comparison tools.
Driving tips in Gold Coast
45 minutes - About fifteen kilometres southwest from central Nerang you'll find a very pleasant spot to stop and park the hire car.
3.5 hours - Nerang to Murwillumbah via Springbrook and Natural Arch. Head south in your rental car, onto the Pacific Highway from Nerang until you see the Mudgeeraba turnoff. Follow the signs to Springbrook. This drive has plenty of sharp corners, narrow bridges and hairpins so it's a fun, exciting drive but not for the faint hearted.
2 hours - Surfers Paradise to Mount Tamborine. Mount Tamborine has very lush surroundings with waterfalls and walking tracks to explore. Head to the Gold Coast Highway then go north.
1 hour - Coolangatta to Surfers Paradise. Grab an ice cream at Coolangatta then follow the coastline. You'll drive by some of the best surf breaks in the world including Kirra Beach, Snapper Rocks and Greenmount. Get out of the rental car and enjoy the sea air.
Been There, Done That: Real Gold Coast Experiences
The Goldy has been a holiday playground ever since the famous Surfers Paradise was established in the 1950s at Broadbeach. Flying into Coolangatta Airport always makes me feel like I am on holidays even when I do it for work. There is something in the air on the Gold Coast that makes you feel relaxed. My first trip to the Gold Coast was amazing. I fell in love with the coast while on the Broad Water at Marina Mirage sitting on the deck on a Sunday Afternoon drinking white wine and eating some amazing seafood. This is the way to spend a Sunday.
A Tiger Moth Rainforest flight allows you to see the wilderness of the hinterland from the air and provides an amazing, authentic experience.
Recently the Tastes of Gold festival has been setting taste buds on fire. It's a 17 day event that showcases the city's chefs and food producers and it includes wine tastings, celebrity-chef cooking classes, lavish banquets and outdoor festivities.
Whatever you do, don't forget to check out the famous Surfers Paradise strip where you'll find shopping, eateries and fashion just a stone's throw from amazing beaches, surfers and sun bathers.
At the Gold Coast you can see the wilderness from the air in a helicopter or see the humpback whales from the sea in a whale watching tour. These are particularly popular this time of year. By day you can get your thrills by booking a jet boating experience and by night you can party hard at the many bustling night clubs.
For something a little off beat try out the Juggle Jam interactive workshops which are taking place on the 4th of October. Basic juggling techniques and diabolo, flip sticks and poi/staff twirling are all on offer and all ages are welcome. Best of all no booking is required.
Things to do in your Gold Coast car rental:
Being the tourism capital of Australia the list of things to do on the Gold Coast is endless. We really want to make sure you get the most out of your time while you are there and booking a hire car will give you the convenience of enjoying paradise at your own pace. So if you are racing to get to everything before your holiday ends, then don't panic, you don't have to wait for shuttles or taxis to take you places. Just jump in your hire car and get to where you want to be. Or if you decide that a relaxing holiday is what you need, a hire car will be perfect as well. That way you can relax and not stress about timetables or schedules.
First things first: Queensland is a huge place so only travellers who have a rental vehicle at their disposal are going to see more than a tiny sliver of this gorgeous state...and even then you'll need a fair bit of time up your sleeve.
Nevertheless, travellers who have hired a Gold Coast rental vehicle can expect to be rewarded with some of the best scenic drives in Australia. The Gold Coast hinterland has drives right up there with the Great Ocean Road and the Snowy Mountains Highway. Spending a day behind the wheel will show you some gorgeous sights and take you to fantastic views and secret mountain cafes. However there are also shorter scenic routes if you are on a time budget.