- Leading Rental Brands
- Competitive Rates
- Serving Australia Since 2001
Considered Australia’s city of the arts, Melbourne is a beloved destination among artists of all kinds. From the National Gallery of Victoria, to the annual Melbourne Comedy Festival, to the laneways and cafés and secret bars, there is always something to do in Melbourne.
With an abundance of depots across Melbourne, there are many different vehicle types available for hire, including fuel-efficient hatchbacks, spacious SUVs and vans, and premium elite vehicles.
Melbourne hosts a number of car rental companies, such as Avis, Budget, East Coast, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, and Sixt, many of which have service desks within Melbourne Airport.
Melbourne, the"Melting Pot", combines so many cultures into the one city that it is hard not to feel right at home there. Well-known as the fashion and design capital of Australia, there is no shortage of things to do and see here. If you are flying from Tullamarine Airport, you only need to drive your car hire for about 30 minutes to reach Melbourne CBD. Shopping? Where do you want to start? Just make sure your hire car is large enough to fit it all in!
1. A beautiful spot to take in the Melbourne skyline and enjoy the best of food and drink is Naked in the Sky, a groovy rooftop bar in Brunswick, and part of Basque tapas bar Naked for Satan.
2. About half an hour's drive north of Melbourne you can hop out of your rental car and into a plane. Skydive Nagambie describes itself as Australia's premier skydiving centre. They specialise in taking people for their first, hair raising, blood pumping skydiving experience.
3. Travel down the east side of Port Phillip Bay and out through the rolling countryside to the Bellarine Peninsula. A one-day tour of the Mornington Peninsula in your hire car gives you the chance to enjoy both the turbulent beaches of Bass Strait and the calm waters of Port Phillip Bay.
4. The Yarra Valley is an easy 45-minute drive from the city of Melbourne. It's the perfect destination for when you want to get away just for the day. In this region, you'll discover some of the state's best wineries against a backdrop of stunning landscapes. Car hires make road trips a reality because you have the freedom to pick up and go at a whim.
5. From the Princess Theatre to the Art Gallery you won't fall short of cultural delights to keep you occupied. Melbourne truly has the largest slice of Australia's cultural pie. At any given time there's bound to be great theatre to experience.
6. Luna Park is a day of fun and festivities that your whole family will enjoy. Opened in 1912, this is one of the oldest amusement parks in Australia and still one of the most enjoyed. So if you are short of something to do, just unload the hire car and take the day to enjoy this unique amusement park experience.
7. Another great day out with the family is a trip to the Melbourne Zoo. With over 320 species of animals, there is something for everyone to see. A surefire favourite with the children you will need at least half a day to see everything. Parking your Melbourne hire car is no worry at all with plenty of parking at the complex, just park and enjoy the day.
8. Sport in Melbourne. Known as a sporting capital in Australia, there are many things in store for sports enthusiasts visiting Melbourne. You can find the largest sports stadium in the country in the city. The Melbourne Cricket Ground had been the home of renowned sporting events including the 1956 Olympics and 1992 World Cricket Cup. The Etihad Stadium can also be found in Melbourne.
No matter how luxurious your choice of Melbourne car rentals may be there will come a time when you're ready to get out from behind the wheel and enjoy some serious pampering. Aurora Spa retreat is located at The Prince Hotel, 2 Acland St in St Kilda and offers a variety of treatments to suit all. There are plenty of great Victorian destinations within an easy day trip's distance of your Melbourne car rental pickup location. In less than an hour, you can be exploring the Dandenong Ranges, which are the main hills that can be seen from CBD vantage points.
If you are hiring a Melbourne car rental vehicle and this is your first trip to Australia then you'll soon notice something: Australians not from Melbourne love to complain about its changeable weather. But don't, under any circumstances, let them put you off. Sure it's four seasons in one day, but Melbourne has a fashion for every season and all the ones in between. Melbourne is the cultural capital of Australia with plenty of glitz, glamour and culinary delights to rival Sydney. In fact, Melbournians tend to believe they're just a little bit more glam and sophisticated than their Sydney cousins.