Compare Rates to Book a Top Car Rental in Melbourne
Finding a first-rate car rental in Melbourne is simple with CarHire.com.au. With our trusted car hire partners such as Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Thrifty, you have the choice of a variety of quality vehicles. Rent a car and travel in comfort when you visit the city. Simply fill in the search box above with your requirements, and we will compare the best rental car rates in the city.
There is always something happening in Australia's second biggest city. Melbourne is a hub for art, sport and live music. By hiring a car you can explore the exciting streets of Melbourne and other fantastic destinations in Victoria like the famous Great Ocean Road. With so many activities on offer, you will not be short of things to do in Melbourne.
Why rent a car in Melbourne with CarHire.com.au?
Here are some of the reasons why customers choose to book their hire cars with us.
- Great rates - Our car rental experts have negotiated with our suppliers so we can provide the best prices. For more information, check out our Price Promise
- Wide selection of vehicles - We compare mini or compact vehicles, and larger vehicles like a people mover or an 8-seater van. Select from utes or truck rental, economy class cars, or even campervans. Whatever size vehicle, you can find the best car rental in Melbourne through us. You can also choose from different locations to hire a car such as Tullamarine Airport.
- Excellent assistance - We have our friendly customer care experts who can sort out your queries. Contact us now if you have any queries with your booking.
Driving tips in Melbourne
What to do on your next visit to Melbourne?
1. A beautiful spot to take in the Melbourne skyline and enjoy the best of food and drink is Naked in the Sky, a groovy rooftop bar in Brunswick, and part of Basque tapas bar Naked for Satan.
3. Travel down the eastside of Port Phillip Bay and out through rolling countryside to the Bellarine Peninsula. A one-day tour of the Mornington Peninsula in your hire car gives you the chance to enjoy both the turbulent beaches of Bass Strait and the calm waters of Port Phillip Bay.
4. The Yarra Valley is an easy 45-minute drive from the city of Melbourne. It's the perfect destination for when you want to get away just for the day. In this region you'll discover some of the state's best wineries against a backdrop of stunning landscapes. Car hires make road trips a reality because you have the freedom to pick up and go at a whim.
5. From the Princess Theatre to the Art Gallery you won't fall short of cultural delights to keep you occupied. Melbourne truly has the largest slice of Australia's cultural pie. At any given time there's bound to be great theatre to experience.
6. Luna Park is a day of fun and festivities that your whole family will enjoy. Opened in 1912, this is one of the oldest amusement parks in Australia and still one of the most enjoyed. So if you are short of something to do, just unload the hire car and take the day to enjoy this unique amusement park experience.
7. Another great day out with the family is a trip to the Melbourne Zoo. With over 320 species of animals, there is something for everyone to see. A surefire favourite with the children you will need at least half a day to see everything. Parking your Melbourne hire car is no worry at all with plenty of parking at the complex, just park and enjoy the day.
More useful information
No matter how luxurious your choice of Melbourne car rentals may be there will come a time when you're ready to get out from behind the wheel and enjoy some serious pampering. Aurora Spa retreat is located at The Prince hotel, 2 Acland St in St Kilda and offers a variety of treatments to suit all.There are plenty of great Victorian destinations within an easy day trip's distance of your Melbourne car rental pickup location. In less than an hour you can be exploring the Dandenong Ranges, which are the main hills that can be seen from CBD vantage points.
If you are hiring a Melbourne car rental vehicle and this is your first trip to Australia then you'll soon notice something: Australians not from Melbourne love to complain about its changeable weather. But don't, under any circumstances, let them put you off. Sure it's four seasons in one day, but Melbourne has a fashion for every season and all the ones in between. Melbourne is the cultural capital of Australia with plenty of glitz, glamour and culinary delights to rival Sydney. In fact, Melbournians tend to believe they're just a little bit more glam and sophisticated than their Sydney cousins.