Feel Like a King With a Car Rental in Newcastle
The coastal city of Newcastle is just over two hours drive north of Sydney. Newcastle is surrounded by beautiful beaches and has one of the busiest ports in Australia. The region is full of history, with Newcastle known for being a steel town. A hire car will help you explore the picturesque surrounds of the city.
Why book a car rental in Newcastle with CarHire.com.au
- CarHire.com.au will not charge you any fees for booking, modifying or cancelling your reservation. Thus, giving you the freedom to hire a car in advance and take advantage of low rates. No wonder most people prefer hiring a car through us because we make things simple.
- We have an easy-to-use booking system that saves you time and money.
- You can book your hire car safely online through our secure website, without needing your credit card. Some rental car companies may require your card details, but you will only be charged when you pick up your rental car.
- Travel comfortably for business - We have found that many people travelling for business in Newcastle prefer renting a car so they can get to their meetings on time without relying on public transportation.
- We have our friendly customer care experts, who you can speak to, email, or get instant answers from on live chat. Contact us today!
Driving tips in Newcastle
Newcastle is surrounded by beautiful scenery and world-famous visitor attractions. A hire car will allow you to explore some great destinations. Sydney is just a two hour drive south from Newcastle, which makes it easier for people to hire a car from Newcastle and travel to Sydney for a day trip. You don't need to wait for buses or trains to get you to the city, giving you the freedom to take your time and stop along the way. While a drive to the Hunter Valley, known as the wine capital of New South Wales, provides an opportunity to escape Newcastle for the day and enjoy the country air. Hire a car in advance to make sure you get a great deal.
Top attractions to see in Newcastle
Take a trip to Foreshore Park. This public area is the perfect place to watch the dance of the harbour. See the large container ships guided around the harbour by tiny tugs, and watch as these ships parallel park along side the wharf. (I can't even parallel park a hatchback!)
Visit Nobby's Beach and take in the acrobatic skills of the kite surfers or pack an esky and have a BBQ. From Nobby's, it's a short walk to the ocean baths. Here you can swim in a pool fed directly from the ocean. There are also a few other beaches spotted along Newcastle's coastline, so a day at the beach is never out of the question.
The Newcastle Knights are an NRL team to watch, so why not see them on their home grounds? Feel the stadium come to life as one of the Knights crosses for a try. With parking available, drive your rental car to the stadium and be part of the action.