The West is Best Seen with a Top Car Rental in Perth
CarHire.com.au can help make it easy for you to compare reliable rental cars in Perth. We partner with leading suppliers such as Hertz, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Thrifty and Enterprise. Our rate comparison system will give you a list of cars of all makes and models. Whether you would like a compact car for city driving, or a mini-bus for your whole squad, we'll get it sorted out for you.
Perth is the capital of Western Australia, and is the only capital city that lies on the western coastline. Western Australia is the largest state, geographically speaking, in Australia. The city is nestled on the Swan River which flows out to the Indian ocean. Perth is home to some of the most spectacular beaches in Australia, and to stars like the late but much loved Heath Ledger. Consequently, it has a strong music and performing arts scene. Other stars like Ilsa Fisher and the band Eskimo Joe have all started their craft in the west.
Why rent a car in Perth with CarHire.com.au?
With our partners, we won't be beaten for quality. We compare rental car rates throughout Perth, so that you don't need to! Here are the reasons below!
- Don't pay a booking fee. When you book with us, you will not be charged a booking fee. Also, you don't need to worry about any hidden costs.
- No cancellation fee. We know that plans sometimes change due to unforeseen circumstances, hence we don't charge any fees for cancellations and modifications.
- Book well in advance. Booking your Perth car hire as soon as you know you will need one means you get the best rates available, and the largest range of vehicles to choose from. If you are in a hurry and need a car right away, we also have last minute car hire deals to accommodate your needs.
- Know your contract conditions. Because of Western Australia's vastness, you may have some restrictions on where you can drive your rental car. It always pays to plan ahead if you are going to take a day trip somewhere. Consult your rental car company or read the terms and conditions to avoid breaching your contract and possibly incurring extra charges.
- Get on the road. With the savings you are making of both money and time by comparing rates and booking your car rental with us, you can afford to immerse yourself into all that Perth has to offer.
- Customer care. If you have any questions about car rental in Perth, don't hesitate to contact us. Our highly-trained customer care experts are helpful and willing to assist.
Driving tips in Perth
Perth is a long way from the other major cities in Australia, but it definitely rates as worth including on your road trip itinerary. Whether it's hitting the tracks, taking a cruise, or sampling the culture of the area; Perth and the rest ofis easily accessible if you have a hire car at your disposal. CarHire.com.au has convenient pick up points throughout Perth and Western Australia, so consider flying to strategic points and picking up your hire car from those airports.
Day trips are always a popular and enjoyable option for travellers hiring a rental vehicle in Perth. The Perth Hills area is just 30 minutes out of the city. Drive a little further to the waterfalls and rock formations at John Forrest National Park. The Bibbulmun Tracks are another popular destination and start just thirty minutes south of Perth. A full or half day walk is possible with time to spare for dinner and a drink back in Perth itself.
Best places to visit with a hire car in PerthLocals insist that all visitors should find time to see Rottnest Island. It's only a thirty minute ferry ride from Fremantle and the island is absolutely amazing. While on Rottness Island you can meet an interesting little local called a Quokka. You will easily see that this little macropod is a relation of the Kangaroo and Wallaby. Rottnest boasts some of the most spectacular beaches you'll find anywhere in Australia, as well as amazing holiday accommodation. Your rental car will have to stay on the mainland as you are not permitted to take hire cars across bodies of water, however, bike hire is a popular way to get around the island.
Perth Cultural Centre is both an area of central Perth and the collective name for the main buildings of the Art Gallery of Western Australia and is definitely worth a visit.
If water is your thing then AQWA makes a great pit stop for all the family (and even the most luxurious rental car can get a bit stuffy after a long day of driving). The AQWA is Western Australia's number one nature attraction. It features Australia's largest aquarium and underwater tunnel, gorgeous living coral reefs, huge sharks, turtles and sting rays and an amazing collection of WA marine animals. It represents some 12 thousand kilometers of the coastline in just a few hundred metres.
Because Western Australia is such a huge state, Perth is a wonderful place to base yourself for your western adventure and a great place to hire a vehicle. Wine Tours of the Margaret River, Snorkelling on Ningaloo Reef, Swan River Cruises from Fremantle and the gold fields of Kalgoorlie are just a sample of the best of the west. And it's all there for you to explore in your carhire.com.au vehicle.
For a great view of the city, explore the lush gardens of Kings Park and you'll be well rewarded. And you can explore the city itself with the free CAT buses then jump into your carhire.com.au vehicle to fully experience the region. The city is heaven for fitness types; take an early morning stroll around the river, where you'll be passed by streams of cyclists, and you can see rowing crews training.
The Wembley Golf Complex is arguable one of Australia's finest public facilities, with 18 hole courses and a magnificent day and night driving range.
Captain Cook Cruises offer a wide range of luscious cruise options from Perth to Fremantle or upstream to the magnificent Swan Valley wine region, if you feel like a break from driving.
If you are travelling with children or just a big kid at heart check out Perth's Premier Amusement Park, Adventure World. With roller coasters, slides, and so many other rides it would take a few days to get through all of the fun rides. It has something for those who want to get wet or stay dry.