Hertz Car Hire Terms & Conditions - Summary of Key Points
This summary has been prepared by CarHire.com.au as a guideline to alert you to the key inclusions, exclusions, requirements and other terms and conditions which may apply when renting from this supplier. Customers will be required to accept Hertz Rental terms when collecting the vehicle.
The quote includes:
- No cancellation fees
- Stamp duty
- Signified kilometre amount (generally unlimited, see below for extra km charges.)
- Vehicle registration
- One way fees if applicable
- Airport taxes and surcharges if applicable
- Collision Damage Waiver with an Accident Damage Excess (ADE) starting from AUD$4,400 and/or Single Vehicle Accident Damage Excess (SVA) starting from AUD$2,200. The term varies depending on the depot, car and driver's age. (Refer to the details below in Renter Protection Services.)
The quote does not include:
- SuperCover, Maximum Package, Accident Excess Reduction (Click here for Excess Reduction Options including RVE.)
- Security deposit (Deposit terms vary for debit Visa/Mca and credit cards)
- Additional Driver (if applicable)
- Child seats and booster seats
- Extra kilometre travel (if your rental is limited, the limit cannot be extended) charged at $0.25 cents per Klm
- Age surcharge for 21 to 24 years old is AUD $16.50* per day
- Toll charges
- Any extras signed up for upon arrival (e.g. vehicle snow equipment)
- Hertz apply a credit card surchage of 1.5%
- Optional or extra add-ons will attract additional location taxes and surcharges
* All extra add-ons will attract additional percentage taxes and surcharges.
IMPORTANT: Please note that all rates and charges are subject to change without any prior notice. Please contact us if you have any further queries.
Modifying your booking may change the original quoted price.Important Reminder:
Accurate Flight Details and Flight arrival time are extremely important. Correct details are a requirement of suppliers to guarantee the reservation. Delays will occur if the incorrect details are added to the reservation - and some suppliers will not hold the reservation longer that 1 hour unless notified. Hint: if you are delayed - visit the counter of the supplier at your departing airport.
Downtown bookings Monday to Friday confirmed for 18:00 (6pm) must be collected by this time. The locations cannot allow for late arrival as cars and buildings must be locked and secured for the closing time.
Table of Contents
- Tasmania - Driver's Licence Requirements
- Renter's spouse or life partner
- Hertz Additional Driver Charge
- Valid Credit Card
- Acceptable Charge Cards
- Prestige and Fun Fleet
- Damage to the rented vehicle and other vehicles or property
- Single Vehicle Accident (SVA)
- Renter Protection Services
- Tyre & Windscreen Damage
- How To Obtain Cover
- Prohibited Uses
- Prohibited People
- Full Responsibility Uses
- Water Damage
- Personal Injuries
- Alpine Rentals
Renting a Car From Hertz: Key Points, Requirements and Qualifications
At time of rental, the renter must present a valid, driver's licence issued from country of residence that has been held for a minimum of one year. Learner type licences are not acceptable for renters. Provisional licence that has been held for over 12 months may be accepted - however minimum age restrictions apply, and age surcharge applies to under 25 year drivers. (Tasmania excluded - see below).
If the licence is not in English, then an International Driver's Licence is also required. (Renters from China can use a China Notarial Certificate (CNC) and is used in place of an International Driving Permit, however their original Chinese licence MUST accompany the driver as well as the CNC).
Tasmania - Driver's Licence Requirements
Renters in Tasmania must have held a drivers licence for at least three years and not be on a provisional licence. Provisional licences are not accepted in Tasmania. In Tasmania, drivers 75 years and over must present a medical certificate at the time of pickup.
From all other Hertz locations in Australia, there is no set maximum driving age, however, a medical certificate is recommended from drivers over 75. Ultimately, it is the location's decision if they will rent to a person over the age of 75.
Other persons wishing to drive must present their licence at any Hertz office, in the presence of the renter any time during the rental. They must sign an "Additional Driver" form to be attached to the Rental Agreement. Additional Driver charge of $5.50* per driver per day (capped at $27.50*), $0* for spouse at same address.
Renter's spouse or life partner
The renter's immediate family who reside with him/her, the renter's employer, employees, fellow employees or partners. These people are classified as "Authorised Drivers" and are not required to sign an "Additional Driver" form. (Provided they have a valid driver's licence.)
Additional Driver Charge
Additional Driver Charge (per driver) is AUD $5.50* per day including GST capped at 5 days.
* All extra add-ons will attract additional percentage taxes and surcharges.
The following persons are exempt:
- All Contract rates
- All Insurance Rentals
- Hertz Gold Customers
- Additional drivers with the same residential address as the primary driver
- Rentals taking place at AUBUR, AUDPO, AUHOB, AULA
Payment by Credit or Debit cards/Bond
A valid credit card in the renter's name is required for booking, however you may pay with cash when you return the vehicle.* Credit cards must have available credit for the estimated amount of rental charges plus AUD $220.00* for any incidental charges in order to secure the rental.
At the time of rental, an authorisation is obtained on your charge card based on the estimated rental charges. You must have enough credit on your card to cover all charges.
Acceptable Charge Cards: American Express / Mastercard / Diners Club / Visa / Hertz / Japanese Credit Bureau.
Most Hertz locations, accept debit cards issued under a VISA or Mastercard logo which draw funds directly from the cardholder's account may be used to qualify for rental. However, prepaid or stored value cards which have a VISA or Mastercard logo are not accepted to qualify for rental. Debit cards must have available funds for the estimated amount of the rental charges plus a reasonable amount to cover any incidental charges in order to secure the rental. Please contact your local Hertz Reservations Office if you have a question about whether Hertz will accept a certain card or email firstname.lastname@example.org our team will contact the depot for you and advise by return email in 1 business day.
Prestige and Fun Fleet
Rental cost plus $1000* authority on the credit card (not debit) is required for the Prestige fleet.
Hertz Age Surcharge for 21 -25 years
An age surcharge of AUD $16.50* per day, capped at 7 days per 30 day rental period (excluding local surcharges and taxes) applies to those 21-24 years.
* All extra add-ons will attract additional percentage taxes and surcharges.
Damage to the rented vehicle and other vehicles or property
When you rent a vehicle from Hertz, you are responsible for returning that vehicle to Hertz in the same condition it was in at the start of the rental, with the exception of fair wear and tear.
If you return the vehicle in a damaged state, generally speaking, you will be liable for the cost of repair of the damage (plus the cost of repairing damage to any other vehicle or property with which the rental vehicle collided) up to the amount of the Accident Damages Excess (ADE), which is a maximum of AUD $4,800.00* (inclusive of GST).
If you return the 4WD / AWD / Light Trucks & Vans vehicle groups in a damaged state, generally speaking, you will be liable for the cost of repair of the damage (plus the cost of repairing damage to any other vehicle or property with which the rental vehicle collided) up to the amount of the Accident Damages Excess (ADE), which is a maximum of AUD $6001* (inclusive of GST).
If you return a Prestige, Adrenaline or Fun vehicle, or the Toyota 86 in a damaged state, generally speaking, you will be liable for the cost of repair of the damage (plus the cost of repairing damage to any other vehicle or property with which the rental vehicle collided) up to the amount of the Accident Damages Excess (ADE), which is a maximum of AUD $6001* (inclusive of GST).
If you return an Dream vehicle (excluding the Toyota 86) in a damaged state, generally speaking, you will be liable for the cost of repair of the damage (plus the cost of repairing damage to any other vehicle or property with which the rental vehicle collided) up to the amount of the Accident Damages Excess (ADE), which is a maximum of AUD $8,250.00* (inclusive of GST).
If you return an Over 3 Tonne vehicle groups in a damaged state, generally speaking, you will be liable for the cost of repair of the damage (plus the cost of repairing damage to any other vehicle or property with which the rental vehicle collided) up to the amount of the Accident Damages Excess (ADE), which is a maximum of AUD $7000.* (inclusive of GST).
Where it appears to Hertz that the cost of repairing the damage (plus the cost of repairing damage to any other vehicle or property with which the rental vehicle collided) may approach or exceed the amount of the ADE, Hertz will charge your credit, charge or debit card with the full amount of the ADE. If it later transpires that the actual cost of repairs are less than the ADE, Hertz will promptly credit the difference to your card.
Single Vehicle Accident
If the rental vehicle is damaged in a Single Vehicle Accident (an accident not involving a collision between the rental vehicle and another vehicle, other than a parked vehicle), you are liable for the cost of repair up to the amount of the ADE plus AUD $2200 (inclusive of GST). This currently applies to all vehicles at all locations and can be waived with the purchase of Maximum Cover at participating locations.SVA DOES NOT APPLY TO TASMANIA. TASMANIA HAS A NON-WAIVABLE AUD $9900 EXCESS ON UNSEALED ROADS.
Renter Protection Services
You may purchase optional Renter Protection Services to reduce the amount you are potentially liable to pay for and damage to the rental vehicle or any damage to any other vehicle or property with which the rental vehicle collided.
You should be aware that in some circumstances, you may be fully responsible and liable for loss or damage even where you have accepted one of the Renter Protection Services.
Rates for optional items are exclusive of tax and other associated charges, such as Location Fee (charged at selected Airport and downtown locations) and Admin Recovery.
Renter Protection Services Options are as follows:
- Maximum Cover (MAX)from *$34 per day depending upon pickup location, age, vehicle.
- Reduces Accident Damages Excess to zero ($0.00)
- Tyre & Windscreen cover
- Single Vehicle Accident Excess buy out
- Capped at 10 days per 30 day rental period
- Available at participating locations
- Max cover is not offered in Broome, Kanunurra & Mt Isa rentals
- Available for Prestige Collection and Fun Collection
- Reduces Accident Damages Excess to AUD $770.00* inc. GST for Standard Fleet; AUD $1,210.00* Fun Collection, BMW 118I, 320I and X3
- Not available for BMW X5, Mercedes C200K
- No excess to pay for any damage to vehicle (including glass and tyres)
- Waives liability for theft or loss to vehicle
- Personal accident and death cover
- Personal effects cover
- Premium roadside assistance
Hertz Excess Reduction Option
$27.50* per day reduces liability to $770* /$44.00* to $0*
Tyre & Windscreen Damage
Where AER is purchased, the ADE for damage to tyres and/or windscreen of the rental vehicle is $500.00 incl. GST (Economy, Compact, Intermediate, Standard, Full-size) or $700.00* inc. GST (Premium, People Mover).
Where MAX is purchased, the ADE for damage to tyres and/or windscreen of the rental vehicle is reduced to zero.
The renter is liable for full or reduced excess should the vehicle be stolen. If an optional service is accepted then a reduced excess applies subject to terms and conditions.
Additional points regarding Renter Protection Services
- MAX is only available at participating locations
- Please enquire at time of reservation or vehicle collection.
- MAX and AER are not available for 4WD or commercial vehicles
How To Obtain Cover
Cover under Renter Protection Services are available from the Hertz rental counter upon collection of vehicle. Coverage Charges are due in full for each full or partial rental day.
* All extra add-ons will attract additional percentage taxes and surcharges.
Driving Restrictions: Where you can/cannot drive the vehicle
Please check with rental location for all local driving restrictions.
- Full Responsibility Uses - You are fully responsible and liable for Damages under clause 6 where the vehicle is used on any road or other surface which is not sealed other than a road under repair, short access roads to National or State Parks, tourist attraction or holiday accommodation, or a road notified to You by Hertz, unless the vehicle is a four wheel drive.* (Please refer to Hertz Rental Restrictions for more information on Driving Restrictions.)
- Cars may not be placed on any trains. (Please check with rental location for all local driving restrictions.) See exceptions below:
- Victoria / Tasmania
- Can be driven as far North as Cooktown.
- Can be driven as far West as Normanton
- Can be driven anywhere South
- Travel is restricted to gazetted roads and tracks Australia wide.
- Northern Territory
- Western Australia
- The unsealed roads connecting Smithton and Zheehan:
- On the West Coast, any further south than the ArthurRiver township; and
- Inland any further south than where the KanunnahBridge crosses the Arthur River.
- The back roads between Oxford and Copping on the Southeast coast.
- The Ben Lomond Road above the bottom of Jacob's Ladder.
- Vehicles can travel around the Atherton Tableland area.
- Vehicles can cross the Daintree River and travel as far as Cape Tribulation, however cars must stay on the sealed section of these roads.
- Vehicles cannot travel to Chillago.
- 4wd's can travel on unsealed surface roads.
- Group V 4wd (Economy)
- Group R 4wd (Full Size)
- Standard cars can access 2 mine sites in Mt Isa - Cannington and Earnest Henry.
- All other mining sites must be accessed by 4wd only. 4wd vehicles are also available for tourist sites which are off sealed roads.
- Certain areas in the Northern Territory are accessible only by 4wd vehicles i.e. Palm Valley.
- Hertz Northern Territory do not allow 4wd vehicles to be taken into Jim Jim or Twin falls under any circumstances. However, the ff. exceptions apply:
- Kings Canyon - Accessible by car (2wd) using the Lasseter, Luritja highways. All other access to Kings Canyon requires 4wd.
- The Meerenie Loop Road & the Ernest Giless Hwy are 4wd only.
- Litchfield park - There is bitumen access via Batchelor to Litchfield park as far as the main site of Wangi Falls. Customers can visit Litchfield park using the Batchelor Access in & out. They cannot travel on dirt roads in the Park, however, majority of main sites are now bitumen.
- Drivers are responsible for all damage by animals whilst driving at night.
- Vehicles picked up in Western Australia must remain in Western Australia, and they cannot travel to Eastern states.
- Driving restrictions for Kununurra and Broome:
- Groups - Compact Manual, Intermediate Auto, Fullsize Auto, Standard Size AWD or 2WD Wagon are available for travel within city limits and to travel on the Great Northern Highway
- Full Size 4WD (Toyota Prado or similar) - Four Wheel Drive Access Only
- The Gibb River Road
- The Tunnel Creek Road
- The Windjana Gorge Road
- The Bungle Bungles
- Cape Leveque Road - Cape Levique/Dampier Peninsular is suitable for larger 4 x 4 's only due to the thick sand, corrugated roads and water/mud hazards that can be encountered in the area. There are many tracks in the area, Hertz cars are only allowed on gazetted roads. Weather changes may make roads impassable at times.
- Kangaroo Island - Vehicles may be taken on the ferry to Kangaroo Island.
- However, vehicles rented from Kangaroo Island cannot be driven off the Island.
- No vehicles are to be driven onto beaches, bush tracks or paddocks/fields.
- An Additional Single Vehicle Accident (SVA) excess applies when rented from Kangaroo Island.
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) is included on all rentals. Subject to an Accident Damages Excess (ADE)
The Prestige and Fun Collection
- Mercedes Benz C200k PRESTIGE
- Mercedes Benz CLC200 Coupe PRESTIGE
- Lexus RX350 SUV PRESTIGE
- Lexus IS250 PRESTIGE
- Mini Cooper S FUN
- Mini Cooper Cabrio FUN
- Toyota Camry Hybrid GREEN
The Prestige and Fun Collection Terms and Conditions
- Minimum Age 25 for Renters and Additional Drivers
- Excess: $6001* inc GST
- Rental cost, plus additional $1000* required as authorisation for deposit at pickup
- Accident Excess Reduction not available
- Maximum Protection: $43* inc GST per day for Mini Cooper S, Cabrio Cooper
- Maximum Protection: $54* inc GST per day for Mercedes C200K, CLC200K, Lexus RX350, Lexus IS250
- One way rentals applicable between Hertz Prestige Collection (HPC) locations within same state.
- Exception Cairns to/from other South Queensland locations
- One way fee applicable to all other inter state HPC and non HPC locations within same metro area $1000
- One way to country or remote $5000
- 200km per day free.
- $0.25* per KM thereafter
- Credit card required
Commencing in February 2010 at selected key locations around Australia Hertz will offer luxury Mercedes Benz and Lexus vehicles through the Prestige Collection, and Mini Cooper S and sporty Mini Cabriolets in the Fun collection.
Credit Card deposits are based on the estimated cost of the rental plus a bond of up to $1000.00.* Please see below specific details:
- Mercedes C200K $1000* Bond
- Mercedes CLC200 $1000* Bond
- Lexus RX350 $1000* Bond
- Lexus IS250 $500* Bond
- Mini Cooper $500* Bond
- Mini Cooper Cabrio $500* Bond
The Prestige fleet will initially be available at the following branches:
- Adelaide Airport and Adelaide Downtown
- Brisbane Airport and Brisbane Downtown
- Melbourne Airport and Melbourne Downtown
- Sydney Airport and Sydney Downtown
- Perth Airport and Perth Downtown
- Canberra Airport and Canberra Downtown
The Fun Collection will be available at all the above locations with the addition of:
- Cairns airport and Cairns downtown
- Gold Coast Airport /Surfers Paradise
Child/Infant and Booster Seats
Hertz have taken great care in selecting the three types of child seats that are offered.
*A maximum of 2 Child Seats or 1 Seat and 1 Booster Seat can be fitted to any vehicle.
Infant (Baby) SeatsHertz can provide you with a baby seat mounted rear-facing to be used for infants who weigh up to 9kg. These seats are designed to support a child's neck, back and spinal cord.
Child SeatsHertz can provide you with a child seat mounted face forward for children weighing between 8kg and 18kg. Parents of children who have outgrown infant (baby) car seats are encouraged to use these seats rear-facing until the child reached the upper weight limits of the seat for rear-facing use.
Booster SeatsHertz can provide you with belt-positioning booster seats to be used in the back seat for children who have outgrown a child seat. The belt-positioning booster seat must be used in seating positions equipped with lap and shoulder seatbelts. Children weighing up to 25kg should use these seats.
Infant (Baby), Child and Booster Seats are charged at AUD $16.50* per day (inc. GST). The maximum charge of AUD $82.50* (incl. GST) applies to rentals of 7 days or more.
Please note: Hertz will install the seats for you (available at selected locations). Although Hertz have secured the seat, it is the renter's responsibility to check and adjust the mountings, harness / straps / clips, and the suitability of the provided seat in relation to child's weight, size and age, to ensure that the seat is properly installed and fitted and that the child is firmly and appropriately secured. Infant (Baby), Child and Booster seats are subject to availability and advanced reservations are required.
HERTZ NEVERLOST® - AUSTRALIA
Featuring fast, accurate route calculation, the most up-to-date national maps and Australia's most comprehensive Speed Camera Database, you can drive with confidence with the remarkable Neverlost® in-car navigation unit as your guide.
The Neverlost unit identifies exactly where you are at any time and shows and tells you how to get to wherever you want to go.
Hertz Neverlost Features:
- Compact and easy to install and enter destinations
- Fast 400MHz processor
- 512MB SD memory card containing the latest Australian
- Anti-glare high resolution 3.5" touch screen
- Anti-shake docking station & bracket with external antenna connector
- Full multimedia including MP3 and MP4 Video Player
- External thumb wheel volume control
- Standard 3.5mm Headphone output socket?
- NeverLost is available at Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Perth, Brisbane, Cairns, Surfers Paradise, Noosa Heads and Maroochydore subject to availability for a nominal daily fee of AUD $15.40* (incl. GST) *Capped at 10 days for every 30 day period. Cash payment not available.
GPS ONE WAY RENTALSNeverlost units can be taken one way between participating Neverlost locations. NeverLost returns to a non NeverLost location will incur a
Customer is responsible for any loss or damage as follows:
- Total loss or damage AUD $499*
- Separate bag AUD $49*
- Windscreen mount AUD $89*
- Charger AUD $40*
- NeverLost unit AUD $321*
Points earned on time and kilometre charges only. Velocity - 3 to 5 points per $ depending on membership level
Age Restrictions and Exemptions
The minimum renter age is 25 years* for the following vehicles:
- Group X Mini Manual
- Group A Economy Auto
- Group B Compact Manual
- Group H Compact Auto
- Group C Intermediate Auto
- Group S Standard Sedan
- Group S2 Hybrid Sedan
- Group G Hybrid Car
- Group D Full-size Sedan
- Group E Full-size Wagon
- Group E1 Sportwagon
- Group T Minibus
- Group F Luxury Sedan
- Group P Premium Sedan
- Group C5 Mercedes CLC200K
- Group P5 Mercedes C200K
- Group S5 Lexus IS250
- Group A5 Mini Cooper S
- Group I5 Mini Cooper S Cabrio
*Drivers aged 21-24 years will be eligible to rent subject to an age surcharge. Age surcharge is $30.25* (incl. GST) per day. A location fee may be added subject to rental location.
Use of the Vehicle
The Vehicle must never be used:
- recklessly, or with deliberate intent to cause injury, loss or damage;
- in Tasmania, unless rented from a location in Tasmania;
- for committing an illegal or unlawful act;
- for racing or undertaking reliability trials or other contests;
- for conveying passengers for hire or reward (unless Hertz consents in writing);
- for hauling any goods that are incorrectly or inappropriately loaded or for the haulage of which the Vehicle was not designed (including any hazardous materials, such as any gases or substances which may form explosive mixtures); or
- for towing a trailer or any other vehicle, unless the Vehicle has a towbar, you have permission from Hertz, and the weight and dimensions of the item being towed do not exceed the specified capacity of the Vehicle.
The following people must never drive the Vehicle or otherwise be in control of the Vehicle:
- any person who is Intoxicated by any substance; or
- any person other than an Authorised Driver.
Full Responsibility Uses
You will be fully responsible and liable for Damages where the Vehicle is used:
- on any road or other surface which is not sealed other than a road under repair, a short access road to a National or State Park, tourist attraction or holiday accommodation or a road notified to you by Hertz, unless the Vehicle is a four wheel drive; (see Driving Restrictions)
- in any Alpine Resort during the gazetted snow season or in any other area under conditions where a reasonable person would use snow chains, unless SNO is offered to and accepted by you as noted on the Form; (see Alpine Driving)
- on any beach or in any other area exposed to saltwater;
- in any area or under any circumstances (including crossing a waterway) where the Vehicle may or does become partially or totally immersed in water;
- under any circumstances where the Vehicle may or does sustain damage to the body or undercarriage as a result of making contact with a stationary object overhanging oron the road surface (including driving or attempting to drive under, over or around any such object);
- in any other area or region specified to you by Hertz as an area or region in which the Vehicle must not be used.
If the Vehicle is used for a Prohibited Use or by a Prohibited Person to the extent permitted by applicable law
- you will lose the benefit of any limitation on Your liability for loss of or damage to the Vehicle, even if You have accepted MAX, AER PLUS or AER(refer to Insurances and Other Coverages section); and
- will constitute a breach of the Agreement, making you responsible, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, for the actual and consequential damages to Hertz caused by the breach, together with Hertz's related costs and legal fees.
If the Vehicle is used for a Full Responsibility Use to the extent permitted by applicable law
- you will lose the benefit of any limitation on your liability for loss of or damage to the Vehicle, even if you have accepted MAX, AER PLUS or AER (refer to Insurances and Other Coverages section).
Your Liability Single Vehicle Accident
If the rental vehicle is damaged in a Single Vehicle Accident (an accident not involving a collision between the rental vehicle and another vehicle, other that a parked vehicle), you are liable for the cost of repair up to the amount of the ADE plus AUD$2,200* (inclusive of GST). This currently applies to all vehicles at all locations and can be waived by the purchase of Maximum cover at participating locations.
Your liability to Hertz for Damages resulting from water damage (other than by total or partial immersion) is limited to the amount of the ADE PLUS AUD$2,200 (inclusive of GST) or such other amount in addition to the ADE as is specified in the Additional Terms.
The liability of any Authorised Driver of a rental vehicle for causing personal injuries to other persons resulting from use of the rental vehicle is covered by the statutory schemes relating to transport accident compensation in each State and Territory of Australia (subject to the conditions and limitations of those schemes). For details of the scope, conditions and limitations of this coverage, you should contact the relevant authority in the State or Territory in which the vehicle you rent is registered.
Travelling in any Alpine Resort during the gazetted snow season, or in any other area under conditions where a reasonable person would use snow chains, is deemed full responsibility use (refer to Rental Restrictions section).
Snow CoverHertz offers 'SNO Cover' at selected locations (listed below) for customers travelling to these areas under specific conditions.
These conditions are:
- The following vehicle groups are permitted for driving in Alpine Areas: A, B, H, C, S, E, T, R, V & E5 (Lexus RX350).
- Damage caused as a result of the fitting of snow chains and/or ski racks is deemed negligence and full recovery will be sought. When SNO cover is taken, Damage Cover still stands, however customers also have the option of purchasing MAX or AER to reduce any accident damages excess (Refer to Coverage/Liability Protection).
- The cost of SNO Cover is AUD $22.00* plus local depot surcharges(incl. GST) per day and is to be applied to the rental.
- NEW SOUTH WALES - Thredbo, Perisher Blue, Mount Kosciusko.
- VICTORIA - Falls Creek, Mount Hotham, Mount Bulla, Mount Baw Baw, Lake Mountain, Mount Beauty, Mount Buffalo, Pinacle Valley.
Canberra City, Canberra Airport, Artarmon, Brookvale, Newcastle, Belmont, Williamtown, Parramatta, Gosford, Five Dock, Castlehill, Bankstown, Campbelltown, Wollongong, Nowra, Tamworth, Armidale, Sydney City, Sydney Airport, Melbourne City, Melbourne Airport, North Melbourne, Canberra 4WD, Albury, Avalon, Ballarat, Bendigo, Balwyn, Castlemaine, Cowra, Dandenong, Dubbo, Echuca, Essendon, Forbes, Frankston, Geelong, Gundagai, Kyneton, Lorne, Moorabbin, Merimbula, Mitcham, Parkes, Preston, Shepparton, South Yarra, Traralgon, Tumut, Wagga Wagga, West Wyalong, Werribee, Yass, Young
Hertz Online Reservation Terms and conditions:
This reservation is based on information you have provided Hertz, including information regarding your current geographic location. Hertz reserves the right to demand proof of what you have told them. In particular, if you have indicated that you are located outside your country of residence, you may, at the time of rental, be required to prove where you were when this reservation was made, through evidence such as an air or rail carrier ticket receipt, a hotel bill or a utility bill addressed to you at the location where you say you were. Failure to provide such substantiation may invalidate the rates you have been quoted, or invalidate the entire reservation. Providing false information to Hertz in connection with this reservation would also breach your rental agreement and could violate the law.
New Hertz Toll Day Pass
The new Hertz Toll Day Pass is being introduced on September 15 and covers all toll charges under one daily amount, so drivers don't need to worry about keeping records of tollways and sorting out payments via various websites. No subsequent toll charges or administration fees will apply, and many drivers will save money as they need to use numerous tollways.
Travellers can choose the Hertz Toll Day Pass at any time during their rental. Charges for this service will appear on the invoice at the end of the rental period. Due to varying toll prices in different States, from February 1 the Hertz Toll Day Pass will be calculated based on the State where you collect your car. Rates for passenger vehicles are:
- Victoria: $14.30 per rental day including GST
- South Australia: $12.10 per rental day including GST
- New South Wales and ACT: $16.50 per day including GST
- Queensland: $11.10 per day including GST
Heavy vehicles incur a higher variable toll charge per rental day due to higher toll prices.
Longer Term Rentals
For longer term rentals that may have infrequent toll usage, there is an alternative option that records all toll roads on which the vehicle has been used during the rental. The actual toll amounts and a matching fee will be charged along with an administration fee of $16.50* incl GST per 30 day rental, which will be invoiced by Hertz shortly after the rental has concluded.
Hertz will now invoice all toll usage directly, so renters will no longer be billed by any third parties such as Roam Express and all charges will only appear on Hertz issued invoices.
Available only from selected locations around Australia at selected times. Cancellation charges apply. Hertz Mystery Vehicle cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount. Car will be any car as selected by Hertz from Hertz collection of vehicles. Vehicle will range from compact to 8-seater people movers. Vehicles will not require any special license qualifications to be able to drive.
Preference can be requested after booking but can't be guaranteed. Hertz pickup location will do their best to accommodate the request but basically, this deal is for what's available at time of pickup. Email preference request to email@example.com or reply back to the email confirmation.